Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Glass Block Night Light (Christmas Theme)











Here are some glass blocks that I made at Christmas time. Yeah, I know it's April--what can I say. First off, drilling the glass block is hubby's job, LOL. Me and power tools don't generally get used in the same sentence. The design on the first one is cut with "wall pops" that I purchased (on clearance!) at Lowe's. The two turtle doves was cut from the Cricut Cartridge Joys of the Season. Sorry I don't know what sizes I cut anything. I did use Design Studio so that I could strategically place my vinyl on the mats and cut all at once. I really saves on material. I first cut it in black, then cut the doves in white and the heart in red. "Peace" was also cut from Joys of the Season. This cut for my good friend and neighbor Monique for a part of her gift this year. She loved it-at least I think she did as she asked me to make her one to give as a gift to someone else and another so that she would have a matched set! I hope you like it, enjoy!

Oh, I wanted to mention that I went to Joann's and purchased a "Bowdabra" for the large bows on these glass blocks and I love it! It's so easy to use and makes the most beautiful huge bows. I will never buy a bow again!








No comments: